Hi, everyone! How is it going? Last weekend, we made this delicious Chicken gravy recipe that I want to share with you all. This Chicken recipe is basically called ‘Chicken Maharani’ and it is a Mughlai dish with a rich gravy made of onion-cashew paste, and many other spices. The chicken pieces are juicy and absorb all the flavors nicely.
If you are looking to make a chicken recipe that is full of flavors and rich texture, then our Chicken Maharani recipe is a must-try for you all. Check out the recipe below!
Cooking Time: 45 mins.
Whole Spices for Dry Roasting:
|Coriander Seeds||1 tsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1 tsp|
|Fennel Seeds (Sauf)||1 tsp|
|Dry Red Chilies||5|
(large pieces with bones)
|Cinnamon stick||2 inches|
|Bay Leaves||2 medium size|
|Onions (quartered)||2 large size (150 grams)|
|Cashew nuts||1/4 cup (24 pieces)|
|Ginger Paste||1 tbsp|
|Garlic Paste||1 tbsp|
|Thick Curd/Yogurt||150 grams|
|Red Chili Powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Kasuri Methi |
(dried roasted fenugreek leaves)
|Fresh Cream||5-6 tbsp (1/4 cup)|
|Salt||1 tsp + 1/2 tsp|
|Olive Oil||5-6 tbsp (for cooking)|
- Add all the whole spices for roasting in a pan and dry roast them on low heat for around 4-5 mins. Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
- Grind the spice to a powder.
- Make a paste of the onions and cashew paste.
- Whisk the curd/plain yogurt, set it aside.
- Dry roast the Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves), allow to cool and then crush roughly with your hands.
How To Cook:
- Heat oil in a pan, add cinnamon stick and bay leaves. Give a stir for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add the onion-cashew paste and fry on medium heat for 7-8 mins till the paste is grainy
- Add ginger and garlic paste, mix and fry on medium heat for 5 mins.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp blended Spice powder, turmeric powder and 1 tsp salt. Give a mix and cook on low to medium heat for 5-6 mins after adding a splash of water 6-7 tbsp.
- Now reduce heat to low (or switch off the heat), add the whisked curd/plain yogurt and sugar. Stir vigorously and mix it well.
- (Switch on heat now) Stir on low heat for 6-7 mins till oil separates.
- Now add the chicken pieces, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp tsp Red Chili powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder. Mix and sear on high heat for 6-7 mins.
- Continue to cook on medium heat for another 10 mins. till the chicken is browned.
- Now add 1 cup water, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for 15 mins till chicken is tender.
- Now add fresh cream, roasted & crushed Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) and slit green chilies.
- Give a mix and stir on low heat for 3-4 mins till oil separates.
- Serve with roti, naan or rice.
If you liked our recipe on ‘CHICKEN MAHARANI’ do like, share, comment and subscribe/follow my blog and also Subscribe to our new Youtube Chanel – bongappetit for many more such exclusively, authentic and delicious food recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow our Food Journey on Social Media & Youtube :
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©