Hello People! It’s been a long time since I updated my blog and honestly I totally absolutely missed you guys so, here I am back with my all new simple and subtle easy to cook Chicken recipe for you all to enjoy.
Dahi Chicken which literally means ‘Curd Chicken’ is a very simple and straight-forward recipe, easy to cook in no time and tastes super delicious. The Chicken is cooked in thick curd (dahi) and whole spices which gives out a very pleasant aroma.
This chicken curry has a creamy and flavorful gravy that is best enjoyed with garlic naans. The relishing flavors, the appealing texture and the amazing aroma of Dahi chicken appeals to everyone from kids to adults and is a sure shot dish to be on your next menu.
Also, if you like reading my blogs & videos, then please help me to grow by subscribing to my YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/BonGappétitIndia
Cooking Time: 40 mins. approx.
Ingredients for Chicken Marination:
(large curry cut pieces with bones)
|Turmeric Powder||1 tbsp|
|Cinnamon stick||2 inch|
|Bay Leaves||3 (medium size)|
|Ginger Paste||2 tsp|
|Garlic Paste||1 tbsp|
|Onions (chopped)||3 (medium size)|
|Black Pepper Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||2 tsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tsp|
|Whisked Curd/Yogurt||1 cup|
|Green Chilies (chopped)||3-4 nos.|
|Coriander Leaves (chopped)||4 tbsp|
|Salt||2 tsp (as per taste)|
|Olive Oil||2 tbsp|
- Marinate the chicken with salt and turmeric powder and set aside for around 30mins.
- Chop the onions, green chilies and coriander leaves.
How To Cook:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil + 1 tbsp ghee in a wok or kadai.
- Add green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, mace, black peppercorns and the bay leaves. Give a stir and then add the chopped onions. Fry onions until translucent.
- Add Ginger Garlic paste and fry on medium heat till the onion is light brown in color.
- Now add the marinated chicken, fry/bhunno on high heat for 5-6 mins., sprinkle some water. Sauté 10 mins. on medium heat till chicken is browned.
- Sprinkle black Pepper Powder, Coriander Powder and Garam Masala Powder, give a mix and fry on medium heat for 7-8 mins.
- Switch off heat and then add the whisked yogurt/curd. Add salt and sugar and chopped green chilies, mix well, switch on the heat and continue to cook on low heat until well combined.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 mins till chicken is tender.
- Remove lid and add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Sauté 10 mins. on medium heat until the gravy is thick and oil separates.
- Serve hot with naan or rice.
If you liked our recipe on ‘DAHI CHICKEN’ do like, share, comment and subscribe/follow my blog and also Subscribe to my new Youtube Chanel – bongappétit for many more such exclusively, authentic and delicious food recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow our Food Journey on Social Media & Youtube :
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/c/BonGappétitIndia
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©