Ask any vegetarian, their favorite food will be paneer, duh!. Rich in garlic and spices, Lasooni Paneer is one of the tastiest Paneer Recipe you’ll have in a long time. Garlic Paneer Gravy or Paneer lehsuni recipe is a magical symphony of succulent paneer and sharp yet subtle garlic spice.
The soft, creamy cottage cheese can be used to make so many yummy dishes that it has become a staple in almost all households across the globe. Indian sabzis made with paneer are an all-time hit. Since all paneer lovers like to have their favorite food in different forms, we have another amazing paneer recipe that is a must-try – Lasooni Paneer
Ingredients (to make tomato-onion gravy ):
|Cumin Seeds (Jeera)||3/4 tsp|
|Onions (sliced)||2 medium size|
|Tomatoes||3 medium size|
|Cashew nut pieces||1/8 cup|
|Dry Kashmiri Red Chilies||5 whole|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Red Chili Powder||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
|Olive Oil||4 tbsp|
|Cottage Cheese||500 grams|
|Cumin Seeds||1 tsp|
|Onions (chopped)||2 medium size|
|Garlic (minced)||2 tbsp|
|Ginger (julienned)||1 inch|
|Green Chilies||4 nos.|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tsp|
|Whisked Curd||250 ml|
|Fresh Cream||250 ml|
|Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves)||1 tsp|
|Salt||1/2 tsp (as per taste)|
|Olive Oil||4 tbsp|
- Set a wok or a pan on medium heat, add oil, cumin seeds, green cardamom, onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, cashew nuts, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, whole Kashmiri red chilies, sugar and salt as per the quantity listed above.
- Mix & Fry on medium heat 8-9 mins. further add water 250 ml, cover and cook for 7-8 minutes on low-medium heat. Switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool down.
- Next, transfer the mixture in a grinding jar and grind to a fine puree. Keep aside for later use.
How To Cook :
• In a heated pan, add oil and jeera, sauté it for half a minute, further add, ginger, green chilies, onions and garlic, mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes until onions are slightly brown.
• Further add tomato onion gravy to the pan, stir and mix well on medium heat.
• Sprinkle Garam masala powder, low down the flame and add whisked curd. Mix & stir continuously until the curd is well incorporated into the gravy.
• Add paneer cubes and salt, mix well on medium heat, gently without breaking the paneer.
• Cover & slow simmer 7-8 mins. on medium heat, keep stirring in between. Add fresh cream, kasuri methi and butter. Mix well on low-medium heat.
• Slow simmer 5 mins. switch off the flame. Serve hot.
Your lip-smacking Paneer lasooni is ready to be served, you can serve it with paratha, naan, roti or any Indian bread of your choice, you can also prefer rice along with this.
If you liked our recipe on ‘Lasooni Paneer’ do like, share, comment and subscribe/follow my blog and also Subscribe to my new Youtube Chanel – bongappetit for many more such exclusively, authentic and delicious food recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow our Food Journey on Social Media & Youtube :
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©