BonGappétit ‘s new blog post is here again to help you make your ideal Sunday cuisine with a new chicken recipe that is so delicious and easy that you will end up licking your plates away!No Kidding! Chicken also known as Murgh is widely cooked in Indian cooking as we all know.So, here’s a chicken dish that is very simple and easy to cook.
A quick Introduction : “Chicken Kalimirch” or “Murgh Kalimirch” is a spicy thick gravy recipe cooked with fresh cream, loads of freshly crushed black peppercorn and cashew nuts. It tastes spicy and sweet, the chicken cooked in this gravy is juicy and tender and the time and the ingredients it takes to cook this dish is minimal. The recipe is very rich in its thick gravy flavor and yet very simple in its taste. Honestly, the pictures in here isn’t doing any justice to the dish that we cooked, it is so scrumptious and lip smacking that I can only insist you’all to try this recipe on your own to believe my words. Best served with plain rice or roti but we Bengalis as you’all know prefer rice over anything.
Course : Main
Taste : Sweet and Spicy
Cooking Time : 15-20 mins. approx.
Full Ingredients :
|Boneless Chicken pieces||750 gm|
|Fresh Cream||7-8 tbsp|
|Black Peppercorn Powder||1 tbsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tbsp|
|Cumin Powder||1 tbsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tbsp|
|Kasoori methi Powder (dried fenugreek leaves)||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Onions (finely chopped)||1 large|
|Ginger shreds/paste||1 tbsp|
|Garlic shreds/paste||1 tbsp|
|Cashew nut paste/powder||6-7 tbsp|
|Salt||1 tbsp/ As Per Taste|
|Arrowroot Powder (Optional)||1 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||For Garnish|
|Crush Black Peppercorns||For Garnish|
For Chicken Marination :
|Boneless Chicken Pieces||750 gm|
|Curd (homemade)||1 teacup|
|Black Peppercorns||1 tbsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||2-3 tbsp|
- Mix and Marinade the chicken with 2-3 tablespoon oil, garam masala powder, crushed black peppercorns, curd and salt. Set aside and refrigerate to marinate for fifteen minutes.
- Bake the marinated Chicken pieces in a preheated oven for 7-8 minutes. This makes the chicken very soft and ready to be properly cook in the gravy.
How to Cook :
- Step 1 : Heat oil in a nonstick pan (we prefer wok). Add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and mix well. Sauté for a few seconds till it releases an aroma.
- Step 2 : Add the finely chopped onions and sauté on medium heat till translucent.
- Step 3 : Add 1 tbsp cumin powder, 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tbsp garam masala powder, 1 tbsp peppercorn powder, kasoori methi powder and mix well. Cook for a minute.
- Step 4 : Add the cashew nut paste/powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Step 5 : Add the marinated chicken and sear on high heat for two to three minutes.(since the chicken is already baked, it won’t take much time to cook)
- Step 6 : Add one cup water and 1 tbsp butter, mix, cover and cook on medium heat for five to eight minutes.
- Step 7 : Add 7-8 tbsp fresh cream and mix well. Turn off the flame. (Optional: Mix 1 tsp Arrowroot Powder and 1 tbsp water in a bowl and pour in to make the gravy thick)
- Step 8 : Serve hot garnished with crushed black peppercorns and chopped coriander.
This recipe is super delicious and very easy to cook. Making this recipe takes a very lil’time and efforts. So, go ahead and please try making this amazing recipe on your own and share your views in the comment sections below.
If you liked my today’s recipe on ‘Murgh Kalimirch’, do like, share, comment and subscribe to my blog for many more such exclusive authentic and easy recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!.
Follow my Food Journey on Social Media :
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©
3 Comments Add yours
I love indian cuisine so I will definitely try your recipes. I’d like to expand my knowledge of that cuisine so thank you for posting them 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank You so much. Yes, you should definitely try this delicious recipe at home!
Testy My son makes chicken roasted very testy