Long smooth and silky pieces of Penne pasta smeared in a cream-based and luscious white sauce, blessed with traces of garlic and veggies is all you need to sate your weekend cravings to the fullest. Growing up as a kid, I always tried experimenting with the white sauce recipe until I finally achieved the right-delicious one, so here I am back with my another droolworthy ‘spoon-licking’ delicious ‘White Sauce Pasta’ recipe that I made recently and enjoyed devouring it with my fam.
Just a quick note, adding veggies are completely optional, I love adding colorful Bell Peppers and some corn to my Pasta mainly because its white sauce and it can taste pretty bland and nothing if there are no veggies albeit it is on you but, I most definitely suggest adding some vegetables, it overall balances the taste and you’ll enjoy it. So kids, eat your veggies with this delicious Pasta recipe that I’m about to share with you all.
Cooking Time: less than 30 minutes approx.
For Boiling Pasta Ingredients:
|Penne Pasta||3 cups|
|Water||To boil Pasta|
|Back Pepper Powder||1 tsp|
|Olive Oil||2 tbsp|
Sautéed Vegetable Ingredients: (stir-fried separately)
|Garlic (minced)||1 tsp|
|Onions (petals)||1/4 cup|
|Red Bell Pepper||1/8 cup|
|Green Bell Pepper||1/8 cup|
|Yellow Bell Pepper||1/8 cup|
|Boiled Corn||1/8 cup|
|Black Pepper Powder||1/2 tsp|
White Sauce Ingredients:
|Boiled Penne Pasta||1 cup|
|Refined Flour (Maida)||2 tbsp|
|Cold Milk||350 ml|
|Italian Seasoning||1 tsp|
|Red Chili Flakes||1 tsp|
|Black Pepper Powder||3/4 tsp|
(Mozzarella or Cheddar)
• Set water for boiling, when the water comes to roaring boil, add the penne pasta, cover and cook for 7-8 minutes or until al dente.
• Strain the pasta and immediately, add 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper powder to taste, toss well to coat the salt and pepper, keep aside until used for pasta.
• Boil 1/8 cup in a boiling water and set aside for later.
How To Cook:
• In a heated pan, add 2 tbsp butter, add garlic, sauté for a minute. Add onion petals, bell pepper and corn. Stir-fry 2-3 minute on medium heat.
• Sprinkle salt and black pepper powder. Mic and stir for a minute and transfer on a plate. Set aside for later.
• Set a fresh pan on medium low heat, add butter and let it melt, add the flour and cook the flour for 2-3 minutes, remember not to burn the flour or changing the color to brown, keep it light brown.
• Further add, milk in 3 batches and make sure to whisk well while adding milk to make a lump free sauce.
• Further add salt to taste, a pinch of black pepper powder, oregano, red chili flakes, Italian seasoning and nutmeg powder, stir well.
• Now add processed cheese and stir well until the cheese melts.
• The white sauce is ready, you can make it and keep it at this stage and later heat it again by adding some milk, when your about to serve.
• When your serving, add the boiled pasta and lightly stir and cook for 2 minutes on medium flame. your creamy cheesy white sauce pasta is ready, serve immediately along with some dried herbs on side.
If you liked our recipe on ‘White Sauce Pasta’ do like, share, comment and subscribe/follow my blog and also Subscribe to our new Youtube Chanel – bongappetit for many more such exclusively, authentic and delicious food recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow our Food Journey on Social Media & Youtube :
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/c/BonGappétitIndia
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©