This unique and spicy green recipe from Andhra Pradesh is all things delicious. If you are a non-vegetarian, then there is no doubt about the fact that you love to gorge on chicken! The succulent, crispy and tasty chicken pieces are simply irresistible. Plus, in our country, we can easily find various recipes of chicken depending on the state. So, if you also want to indulge in one such specialty, then here we bring you a recipe of delicious Andhra chili chicken!
Andhra Pradesh is well known for its handcrafted spice combination that gives a burst of explosion in most of the region’s cuisine. And this fiery taste from Andhra is indeed also present in its recipe of Chili Chicken. This authentic dish is full of rich spices, herbs and cashews and is easy to make at home.
The ‘Andhra Chili Chicken’ has many variations and can be either cooked with ground coconut or ground milk. This quick, delicious and simple chicken recipe can be cooked within an hour and looks exquisite at any dinner party. So, without waiting any further, let us check out the recipe of Andhra Chili Chicken.
Cooking Time: 45 mins. approx.
Green Masala Paste Ingredients: (prepared separately)
|Fried Onions||3 medium sized|
|Fried Green Chilies||4 nos.|
|Coriander Leaves||1/2 cup|
|Mint Leaves||1/4 cup|
|Curry Leaves||5-6 nos.|
(large pieces with bones)
|Cinnamon Stick||2 small|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Curry Leaves||5-6 nos.|
|Onions (chopped)||2 medium sized|
|Ginger shreds (crushed)||1 tbsp|
|Garlic shred (crushed)||1 tbsp|
|Green Chilies (slit)||2 nos.|
|Tomato (sliced)||1 medium size|
|Red Chili Powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1.5 tsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Thick Coconut Milk||1/2 cup|
|Coriander Leaves||3-4 tbsp|
|Olive Oil||4-5 tbsp|
- Peel and make thick slices of 3 medium sized onion. Wash and cut the green chilies into halves.
- To make the Green Masala paste, take a frying pan & heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Now add the thick onion slices and green chilies, fry on medium heat for 2-3 mins till onions are slightly brown. Remove to a plate and let it cool.
- Now, add the fried onions, green chilies along with chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves and curry leaves in a grinder. Coarse grind it. Give it a mix and then blend it into a paste after adding 5-6 tbsp water. Set aside.
- Chop another set of 2 medium sized onions, peel and crush the ginger & garlic and slice the tomatoes.
- Also slit the green chilies, take out the curry leaves and chop the coriander leaves for garnishing.
How To Cook:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, cinnamon and curry leaves. Give a stir, sizzle for 1 minute on medium heat. Add the chopped onions & slit green chilies. Fry on medium heat for till the onion color changes to translucent.
- Now, add the crushed ginger and garlic and fry on medium heat until onions are light brown in color.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and 2 tsp salt & 1 tsp sugar fry on medium heat for 2-3 tsp till the tomatoes are soft and mushy. Now add all the spice powders other than Garam masala powder, mix and fry in medium heat for 5-7 mins till the spices are cooked and oil separates.
- Now add the chicken pieces, mix and fry on high heat for 3 mins. Continue to cook on medium heat for another7 mins till the chicken is browned and oil separates.
- Add the Green Masala paste, coconut milk and Garam masala powder. Give a mix, add 2/3 cup water and cook covered on low heat for 10-15 mins till the chicken is tender.
- Now remove the lid, and add chopped coriander leaves. Add little water (if needed) for desired consistency of the gravy. Mix and slow simmer 2 mins on low heat.
- Serve with roti or rice.
If you liked our recipe on ‘Andhra Chili Chicken Curry’ do like, share, comment and subscribe/follow my blog and also Subscribe to our new Youtube Chanel – bongappetit for many more such exclusively, authentic and delicious food recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow our Food Journey on Social Media & Youtube :
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©