A decadent dish of mutton is sure to take your dinner party a notch higher. Isn’t it? Be it a party at home or at a restaurant, mutton as a meal spread can never go wrong for mutton lovers!
So, let’s kick-start this week with this mutton delicacy which has a fiery flavor that will tantalize your taste buds. In addition to this, it is very easy to make, and you only require everyday essential ingredients to cook this, in fact my mom says, this is the easiest mutton recipe to cook for bachelors because they are always running short of time! duhh!. So, if you have time constraints and still want to indulge in something delicious, this recipe is all that you need- Dhaba Style Mutton Curry
Cooking Time: 45 mins. to 1 hour approx.
Ingredients to boil the mutton:
(curry cut pieces with fat and bones)
|Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
|Olive Oil||2 tbsp|
Ingredients for the Masala Paste:
|Tomato (sliced)||2 medium size|
|Red Chili Powder||2 tbsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tbsp|
|Fennel Seeds Powder||2 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Olive Oil||3 tbsp|
|Cinnamon||2 small stick|
|Onion (Grated)||3 medium size|
|Masala Paste||as prepared|
|Green Chilies (chopped)||2-3|
|Ginger Paste||1 tbsp|
|Garlic Paste||2 tbsp|
|Salt||1/2 tsp (as per taste)|
|Boiled Mutton pieces||as prepared|
|Mutton Stock||from boiling the mutton pieces|
|Hot Water||100 ml|
|Coriander Leaves||2-3 tbsp|
– To boil the mutton, take a pressure cooker and add the mutton, sprinkle salt, turmeric powder, add olive oil and water as mentioned. Pressure cook till 3-4 whistles.
– To pressure cook, keep it on high heat till the 1st whistle and then reduce the heat to low for the balance whistles. Wait for the pressure to release and strain the stock and keep it aside just before adding it to the curry.
– In case you don’t have pressure cooker, cook covered on low heat in a pan for 45-60 mins till the meat is tender.
– To make the Masala Paste, quarter the tomatoes and blend it in a grinder along with all the other spice powders as mentioned. You may add 2-3 tbsp water to blend everything.
– Crush the black cardamoms and peppercorns.
– Grate the onions and chop the green chilies & coriander leaves.
How To Cook:
– Heat oil in a pan and add the whole spices. Once it splutters, add the grated onions.
– Mix and fry it on medium heat for around 6-7 mins.
– Add the chopped green chilies, ginger paste, garlic paste, give a mix and continue frying it on medium heat for 2 mins. till the color is light brown.
– Now add the masala paste, sprinkle sugar and salt, give a mix and fry it on medium heat for 6-7 mins. till oil separates, sprinkle water if the gravy dries off.
– Now add the boiled mutton pieces without the stock and mix & fry it on medium heat for 4-5 mins.
– Now add the mutton stock set aside from boiling the mutton (should be around 200 ml.) Mix and cook. Add hot water 100 ml. Mix well.
– Cover and slow simmer on low heat for around 8-10 mins. (adjust the consistency of the gravy as per desire)
– Add chopped coriander leaves, cook 2 minutes and turn off the flame.
If you liked our restaurant style recipe on ‘Dhaba Style Mutton Curry’ do like, share, comment and subscribe/follow my blog and also Subscribe to our new YouTube Chanel – bongappetit for many more such exclusively, authentic and delicious food recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow our Food Journey on Social Media & Youtube :
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©