Bored of having the same Paneer recipe at home? Don’t worry, Indulge yourself in this luscious onion-tomato gravy tossed with a host of spices and paneer cubes induced with smoky flavor with creamy texture – Paneer Angara! The word Angara here stands for “Smokey”, thus Paneer Angara literally means the ‘Smoked Cottage Cheese (Paneer) Curry’ recipe.
This mouth-watering, festive-friendly paneer curry can be a show-stealer on the dinner table and I can’t wait to see you guys trying this delicious paneer recipe at home.
Ingredients: (To be fried and then made into a paste)
|Cinnamon stick||1 inch|
|Black Peppercorns||1 tsp|
|Kashmiri Red Chilies||4-5|
|Ginger||1 1/2 inch|
|Green Chilies (chopped half)||2-3|
|Onion (sliced)||2-3 medium size|
|Tomatoes (sliced)||3 medium size|
|Salt||1 tsp – As Per Taste|
|Olive Oil||4 tbsp|
• In a wok heat oil, add all the whole spices. Fry 1 minute over medium flame.
• Add ginger, garlic, kashmiri red chilies, green chilies and cashews and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the onions, cook until onions are translucent.
• Add tomatoes, salt and sugar. Cook until the tomatoes are mushy. Fry 10-15 minutes approx. on medium heat. Turn off the flame. Cover & rest 10 minutes. cool down the mixture and transfer in a grinder.
• Grind the onion tomato mixture into a fine paste, keep aside for later use.
|Paneer (cottage cheese)||500 g (diced)|
|Jeera (cumin seeds)||1/2 tsp|
|Bay leaf (Tej patta)||1 leaf|
|Ginger Shreds||1 tsp|
|Onion-Tomato Paste||as prepared earlier|
|Red Chili Powder||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Cumin (Jeera) powder||1/2 tsp|
|Capsicum||½ cup (big dices)|
|Onions||½ cup (petals)|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tsp|
|Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves)||1 tsp|
|Fresh Cream||4 tbsp|
|Fresh Coriander (chopped)||1 tsp|
|Olive Oil||4 tbsp – To Cook|
|Live Charcoal (to induce smoke)||1 small piece|
How To Cook:
• In a wok heat oil, add the jeera (cumin seeds), Tej patta (bay leaf), garlic shreds and sauté for a minute.
• Add the tomato onion paste by passing it through a sieve. Add all the powdered spices, salt & sugar to taste and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium heat.
• Lower the flame, add the onions and capsicum, pour 1 tbsp ghee. Mix and cook for 5-7 minute. Add 400 ml water. Sauté 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
• Add the diced paneer and further cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle garam masala. Cook 5 minutes over medium flame.
• Lower the flame and add the fresh cream, sprinkle kasuri methi. Mix & Cook 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
• Add freshly chopped coriander and stir once.
• Smoke the dish with live charcoal. Cover & let it rest 8-10 minutes. Once done, discard the charcoal carefully. Serve hot with naan or roti.
If you liked our recipe on ‘Paneer Angara’ do like, share, comment and subscribe/follow my blog and also Subscribe to our new Youtube Chanel – bongappétit for many more such exclusively, authentic and delicious food recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow our Food Journey on Social Media & Youtube :
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/c/BonGappétitIndia
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©