Sabudana Kheer also known as “Sago Pudding” in English is an Indian sweet dessert recipe, very easy and quick to make. Basically, this recipe is made with just three simple ingredients – sago (sabudana), sugar & milk. You can also add some nut ingredient and saffron to enhance the flavor of this dish and make this recipe lip-smacking deicious!
In India, Sabudana is widely used as fasting food as it gives instant energy boost and fullness. This Sabudana Kheer is one such recipe that is mostly made during religious fastings especially during navaratri festival in India.
Ingredients For Soaking Sabudana (Sago):
|Sabudana (Sago)||250 g|
• Wash the sabudana thoroughly ensuring with minimum starch.
• Soak the Sabudana in milk for minimum an hour.
Ingredients For Making Kheer:
|Sago (Sabudana)||250 g|
|Sweetened Condensed Milk||400 gm|
|Saffron (soaked in milk)||10-12 strands|
|Almond slivers||1/4th cup|
|Pistachio (sliced)||1/4th cup|
|Cardamom powder||1/4 tsp|
• Heat a sauce pan or a kadhai, add water and milk, bring to a full boil while stirring.
• Add the soaked Sabudana and cook on low medium flame while stirring in intervals until the milk has thickened and is reduced to 3/4th.
• On low flame, add the saffron, almond, pistachio, cashew nut and cardamom powder, mix well and add condensed milk. You can also use half cup of sugar instead of condensed milk. Give it a Stir on low-medium flame.
• Cook for 5-6 minutes on low heat & turn off the flame. Check if the Sabudana is properly cooked. *Cooked Sabudana is all translucent, soft and has no white in center whereas undercooked Sago is hard in the middle.*
• Cool down the kheer and refrigerate in the fridge and serve chill, you can also serve kheer hot. Garnish with few chopped nuts.
This Sabudana Kheer recipe is one of my very favorite sweet dessert recipe and I would love to see you guys trying this at home and experience its immensely delightful & satisfying flavor in one go. I bet, you’re going to lick your fingers clean after having this Kheer (pudding) & still not be done with it! BonGappétit!
If you liked our recipe on ‘Sabudana Kheer | Sago Pudding’ do like, share, comment and subscribe/follow my blog and also Subscribe to our new Youtube Chanel – bongappétit for many more such exclusively, authentic and delicious food recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow our Food Journey on Social Media & Youtube :
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©