Bonjour Peeps! How’s it going? I have been so engrossed this last few months working on my Youtube channel ands its finally getting done and I can’t be more happy about it, but have you all subscribed to our Youtube channel yet? If not, I’ll be sharing the link on this blog post, so don’t forget to subscribe to our channel if you love watching our delicious recipes.
A short Introduction: ‘Chicken Rezala’ is a very famous Bengali Chicken Curry recipe with it origin from Mughals, it is a mild chicken curry that is white, unlike other chicken curry dishes and is extremely flavorful with very delicate flavors. Chicken Rezala is a perfectly balanced dish, it is neither too sweet, sour or spicy in flavor with its smooth creamy texture that goes perfectly well with both rice and roti.
The curry’s delicate flavor is so delicious and satisfying that it will make your mouth water and tummy growl in hunger.
|Chicken (with bones)||750 grams|
|Ginger Paste||1 tsp|
|Garlic Paste||1 tbsp|
|Green Chili Paste||1 tsp|
|White Pepper Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Melted Butter||1 tbsp|
|Salt||1 tbsp/As Per Taste|
To Make Paste :
|Poppy Seed||1 tbsp|
|Cashew Nuts (broken pieces)||12-15|
How To Marinate/ Preparation:
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the items mentioned and set aside for 1.5- 2 hrs.
- To make the onion paste, cut the onions into cubes and grind in a blender/ grinder till smooth. No need to add water.
- To make the Cashew-Poppy seeds paste, add 1 tbsp poppy seeds in a grinder, coarse grind, add cashew nuts 12-15 pieces into the grinder and coarse grind it for few minutes. Now add 4 tbsp of water and blend it into a smooth paste. Set aside.
|Marinated Chicken||750 grams|
|Dry Red Chilies||4|
|Cashew-Poppy Paste||(prepared earlier)|
|Onion Paste||3 medium sized onions|
|Saffron Strands (Kesar)||12 strands|
|Kewra Water (Screwpine essence)||1 drop/As Per Taste|
|Garam Masala Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Oil||4 tbsp/To Cook|
|Ghee||4 tbsp/To Cook|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
How To Cook :
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan, add the whole spices and allow it to splutter. Lastly add the whole dried red chillies, fry for 6 minutes over medium flame.
- Add the onion paste, fry the onion paste on medium heat for 8-10 mins till the color changes to light brown.
- Now add the marinated chicken and mix on medium heat for around 5 mins. Cover & cook on medium heat for around 10 mins till oil separates and the chicken is cooked.
- Pour the cashew-poppy seeds paste, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for 10 mins -15 mins till oil separates.
- Now pour 2 tbsp ghee, 12 strands of saffron and 1 drop of Kewra water. Give a mix and simmer on low heat for 5 mins.
- Serve with naan or plain rice.
So, what are you waiting for, now ? Go on and try this lip-smacking Kolkata style Bengali Chicken Curry at your home’s comfort and share your views in the comment section below. If you liked our recipe on ‘Chicken Rezala’ do like, share, comment and subscribe to my blog and to our new Youtube Chanel – BonGappétit for many more such exclusively, authentic and delicious food recipes at your homes comfort. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow my Food Journey on Social Media :
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©