Hola! everyone, how is your weekend going? Well, the question is what have you planned for your weekend food menu? Well, skip the takeaway and home food delivery’s as we have come forward to sort your weekend menu out with this perfectly delicious and splendid recipe of “Hyderabadi Chicken Masala Curry” -A mouthwatering and tummy growling Murgh cuisine entirely based on Hyderabadi flavor. Well, I can say that this recipe is somewhat similar to our Bengali “Kosha Murgir Mangsho” (Bengali Chicken Curry) in taste but its just a personal opinion and I would love to know what you think about this regional chicken cuisine cooked with variety of different Indian spices and masala just to give you that perfect chicken curry on your plate and make your weekend perfectly splendid.
Introduction : Hyderabadi cuisine has different recipes for different events, and hence it is categorized accordingly, from banquet food, for weddings and parties, festival foods, and travel foods. The category to which the recipe belongs itself speaks of different things like the time required to prepare the food, etc. It is said that Hyderabad is very famous for its delicious chicken recipes and more. Hyderabadi Murgh Masala Curry is no different, the chicken cooked in the masala curry is succulent and juicy, rich in its spices and masalas, the curry is based on onions, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and red chili paste with no hint of tomatoes in it. The blended ingredients when grounded to a thick paste releases an aromatic flavor and the marinated chicken when combined and cooked together with a hint of garam masala, the result will serve you the perfect and delicious ‘Hyderabadi Chicken Masala Curry’ on your plate. It’s delicious and different than other chicken curries that we cook. Some people might assume that this chicken recipe is cooked similarly to Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Pakki Biryani -excluding the rice portion but believe me, its not the same and obviously different than the usual. And I must suggest everyone to try this recipe at home this weekend.This regional chicken recipe is so tempting and tummy growling, it definitely has the potential to make your weekend worth remembering! So go ahead and learn this recipe ASAP!
Cooking Time : 30-35 minutes
Course : Main
Taste : Spicy
|Bone-In Chicken||750 gm|
|Onions chopped quartered||1 medium|
|Coriander Seeds||2-3 tbsp|
|Cumin Seeds||2 tbsp|
|Turmeric Powder||2 tbsp|
|Kashmiri Red Chili Powder||1 tbsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tsp|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Vegetable Oil||To Cook|
Chicken Marination Ingredients :
|Bone-In Chicken||750 gm|
|Fried Onions||3 large onions|
|Whisked Curd||1 teacup|
|Ginger Shreds/Paste||1 tbsp|
|Garlic Shreds/Paste||1 tbsp|
|Salt||1 1/2 tbsp|
- To make fried onions, slice 3 large onions and fry until golden brown.
- Marinade the chicken with curd, ginger-garlic paste, fried onions and salt. Refrigerate to marinate for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180˚ C. Grease the baking tray with some butter and put the marinated chicken over tray.
- Put the chicken pieces in the preheated oven and bake + cook for straight 30 minutes. Once done, keep it aside.
Pro Tip : Use pressure cook instead of oven to bake the chicken, this saves a lot of time, energy and gives similar to better results.
The reason we bake the chicken instead of frying them is because its more healthier and safe than frying them in deep heated oil, also its less time consuming, safe and makes the chicken very succulent compared to frying them in deep oil before cooking.BonGappétit
- In a grinding jar, add chopped onions, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and red chilies as per the quantity mentioned above. Ground them to a thick smooth paste.
How To Cook :
- Step 1 : Heat oil in a non-stick pot/kadhai. Add bay leaf, pour in the grounded thick paste and saute over a medium flame for 10 minutes till the raw smell is gone and oil separates.
- Step 2 : Sprinkle kashmiri red chili powder, garam masala powder, sugar and salt. Mix the masala with the gravy, keep adding small amount of water while cooking the gravy to avoid sticking and over cooking for 10 minutes over a high flame.
- Step 3 : Add in the baked marinated chicken in to the gravy. Coat and mix the chicken with the gravy well and cook over a high flame for 10 minutes. Add a cup and half of water, mix well and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Step 4 : Cover with a lid and bring it to a boil over a high flame, till the chicken is tender and the curry reaches your desired consistency for 10 minutes straight. Keep stirring in between to avoid sticking. Turn off the flame once the gravy is thick and cooked completely. Keep the lid on for 5 mins more.
- Step 5 : Serve hot with plain rice and salad.
So, add some oomph to your weekend menu and have a great start to your weekend with this delicious and sumptuous chicken curry and make your loved ones love you even more with your great cooking skills in the kitchen. Happy Cooking!
If you liked my today’s recipe on ‘Hyderabadi Chicken Masala Curry’, do like, share, comment and subscribe to my blog for many more such exclusive authentic and easy recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow my Food Journey on Social Media :
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©