A very rich and deliciously creamy chicken curry recipe to cook on weekends for lunch and dinner. Also this special recipe is for those people who loves to have chicken or any other meat ingredients on their plate. The creamy and rich texture of this chicken curry recipe is so delicious and lip smacking that you’ll be tempted to lick your fingers clean and still can’t get enough of this creamy chicken curry recipe. No kidding! This creamy chicken curry recipe does true justice to it’s name “Chicken Lababdar”or “Murgh Lababdar“. This recipe is cooked in a typical Mughlai style and it is best served with plain basmati rice or roti, salads.
Definition of “Lababadar“ – It says – ‘a strong desire of something and complete surrender to it. Lababdar as a term is often attached to many dishes to signify complete surrender of one’s taste buds to that dish’.– google definition.The word ‘Lababdar’ is basically used for dishes which are extremely rich and desired by all. In simple words, a recipe that will make your mouth water and tummy growl in hunger.
Cooking Time : 25-30 minutes.
Course : Main
Taste : Mild
Full Ingredients :
|Bone-In Chicken pieces||750 gm|
|Fresh Cream||5-6 tbsp|
|Cashew Nut pieces||10-12|
|Ginger||1 1/2 inch|
|Cinnamon||1-2 small pieces|
|Fried Onions||1 large|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tbsp|
|Kasoori Methi Powder(Fenugreek leaves)||1 tbsp|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Vegetable Oil||To Cook|
|Coriander leaves||To Garnish|
Marination Ingredients :
|Bone-In Chicken pieces||750 gm|
|Kashmiri Red Chili Powder (that adds color)||1 tbsp|
|Red Chili Powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tbsp|
|Cumin Powder||1 tbsp|
- In a mixing bowl, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, salt, curd and kashmiri red chili powder (that lends a very bright red color to the food). Mix well and marinade with the chicken pieces. Refrigerate to Marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180˚ C. Grease the baking tray with some butter and put the marinated chicken over tray.
- Put the chicken pieces in the preheated oven and bake+cook for straight 30 minutes. Once done,keep it aside
The reason we bake the chicken instead of frying them is because its more healthier and safe than frying them in deep heated oil, also its less time consuming, safe and makes the chicken very succulent compared to frying them in deep oil before cooking.BonGappétit
- In a pot, add water, chopped onions, tomato, cashew nuts, garlic cloves, ginger, dried red kashmiri chili and 2 green chilies, bring it to a boil, once done cool it off.
- In a grinding jar, transfer the boiled ingredients and ground them to a thick paste.
- Optional Step – In a heated oil, fry the onions until they are golden brown. Once done, remove them from the pan and ground them to a thick paste.
How to Cook :
- Step 1 : In a pan, heat oil +1 tbsp ghee , add cinnamon , 2 green cardamom, 7-8 cloves, 10-12 black peppercorns, bay leaf and mace (javitri). Saute well, till the fried spices’ aroma reaches your nose.
- Step 3 : Pour the boiled onion-tomato puree in the pain, saute till the raw smell is gone over a high flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Step 4 : Add coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt as per taste and 1 tsp sugar to the gravy. Mix and saute well over a high flame for 2-3 minutes till the oil leaves the gravy masala.
- Step 5 : Place the baked chicken pieces in to the gravy, mix well till the chickens are well coated. Add fried onion – paste, mix well with the chicken-ingredients.
- Step 6 : Add 1-1/2 bowl of hot water, cover and simmer for 6-7 minutes over a high flame. Stir till the gravy thickens and you can see bubbles on top over a high flame.
- Step 7 : Final step, add 1/2 tbsp butter, sprinkle Kasoori methi, mix well and pour fresh cream over the curry. Mix well and turn off the flame.
- Step 8 : Garnish with cilantro.
- Step 9 : Serve hot with plain basmati rice and salads.
This recipe in one word is simply delicious and very straight-forward. I would absolutely suggest everyone to must try this chicken recipe at home and enjoy its delicious flavor paired with plain basmati rice or roti/paratha with their loved ones. Also don’t forget to send in your views in the comment section below.
If you liked my today’s recipe on ‘Chicken Lababdar | Murgh Lababdar’, do like, share, comment and subscribe to my blog for many more such exclusive authentic and easy recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow my Food Journey on Social Media :
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©
4 Comments Add yours
Ⅿy brother suggested I may like this ᴡeb site. He was once totally right.
This submit trulү made my dɑy. You cann’t considеr
just how much timе I had spent for this information! Thanks!
Hi, just ԝanted to sаy, I enjoyed this post.
It was practical. Keep on posting!
Ηey There. I discovereԁ yoսr weblog the usage of msn. That
is an extremely smartly written articlｅ. I’ll be sure to bookmark
it and come back to reаd extra of your useful information. Thanks for the
post. I’ll certainly return.
Oһ my goodness! Аmazing article dude! Thanks, However I am expеriencing problems with your RSS.
I don’t understand why I cannot sᥙbscribe to it. Iѕ there
anybody else getting the same ɌSS issues? Anyone who knows the answeг will you kindly respond?