I’m gonna go straight to the point, if you google the definition of “Lababadar“, it says – ‘a strong desire of something and complete surrender to it. Lababdar as a term is often attached to many dishes to signify complete surrender of one’s taste buds to that dish’.– google definition.The word ‘Lababdar’ is basically used for dishes which are extremely rich and desired by all. In simple words, a recipe that will make your mouth water and tummy growl in hunger.
A very rich and delicious egg curry recipe to cook on any special days or on weekends when one is looking for a clean break from chicken and fish yet want something scrumptious and desirable for lunch and dinner. Also this special recipe is for those people who loves to have eggs over chicken or any other meat ingredients. The creamy and rich texture of this egg curry recipe is so delicious and lip smacking that you’ll be tempted to lick your fingers clean and still can’t get enough of this creamy egg curry recipe. No kidding! This creamy egg curry recipe does true justice to it’s name “Egg Lababdar” or in hindi as we call it “Anda Lababdar“. The food is garnished with grated eggs (yolk removed) and lots of coriander in the end which is very essential to add that extra bonus flavor to this dish overall thus making it look sumptuous and delicious to your taste buds. This recipe is cooked in a Mughlai style and it is best served with plain basmati rice or roti, salads.
Cooking time : 20-25 mins.
Course : Main
Taste : Spicy and rich
|Fresh Cream||5-6 tbsp|
|Ginger||1 1/2 inch|
|Cinnamon||1-2 small pieces|
|Whole Cumin Seeds||1 tsp|
|Onions (finely chopped)||2 large|
|Dried Red Kashmiri Chili||2|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tbsp|
|Red Chili Powder||1 tbsp|
|Cumin Powder||1 tbsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tbsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tbsp|
|Kasoori Methi Powder (Fenugreek leaves)||1 tbsp|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Butter||To Fry Eggs|
|Vegetable Oil||To Cook|
|Boiled Eggs (yolk Removed) Grated||3 To Garnish|
|Coriander leaves||To Garnish|
- Cook soft boiled eggs in a pressure cooker or in a pot, peel off its outer shell and cut them into halves.
- In a heated pan, pour 1 tbsp (Salted-Amul) butter and 1 tsp salt , add eggs and cook till they are fried.
- In a pot, add water, chopped tomato, cashew nuts, garlic cloves, ginger, dried red kashmiri chili, 5-6 black peppercorns, 2 green cardamon, 2-3 cloves and cinnamon pieces, bring it to a boil, once done cool it off.
- In a grinding jar, transfer the boiled ingredients and ground them to a thick paste.
How to Cook :
- Step 1 : In a pan, heat oil, add a small cinnamon piece, 2 green cardamom, 3-4 cloves, bay leaves, whole cumin seeds and 1 tsp sugar. Saute well, till the fried spices’ aroma reaches your nose.
- Step 2 : Add finely chopped onions in the pan, saute till they are brown over a high flame.
- Step 3 : Pour in the boiled tomato-cashew nut puree in to the ingredients, saute till the raw aroma is gone over a high flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Step 4 : Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, 1 tbsp salt and 1 tsp sugar to the gravy. Mix and saute well over a high flame for 2-3 minutes till the oil leaves the gravy masala.
- Step 5 : Add 1 bowl of water and stir till the gravy thickens and you can see bubbles on top over a high flame.
- Step 6 : Place the fried eggs in to the gravy, mix well till the eggs are well coated, cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes over a high flame.
- Step 7 : Final step, sprinkle Kasoori methi, mix well, pour fresh cream over the curry and add 2 slit green chilies. Mix well and turn off the flame.
- Step 8 : Grate 3 boiled eggs (yolks removed) over the curry and garnish with cilantro.
- Step 9 : Serve hot with plain basmati rice and salads.
This recipe in one word is simply delicious and one must try this egg recipe at home and enjoy its delicious flavor with their loved ones. Also don’t forget to send in your views in the comment section below.
If you liked my today’s recipe on ‘Egg Lababdar’, do like, share, comment and subscribe to my blog for many more such exclusive authentic and easy recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow my Food Journey on Social Media :
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©
2 Comments Add yours
This looks delicious 😍😋
Saving this post.
Thanks for sharing 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank You so much 🙂